Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mountain Climbing!

While reading the blogs by The Tin Mom, Mrs. Annette Beach, from Arthritis Today, I happened to stumble across a particular blog titled, Mountain Climbing. What motivates you to reach your peak? I swear, I felt the earth shake under my feet when I read this article. Ironically, for the past week, I had been climbing over my own hills and mountains. I have been having excruciating pain in my knees, wrists and hands. Making normal, everyday tasks nearly unbearable.
For example, washing and folding two loads of laundry kicked my ass (to be totally blunt). I was exhausted and needed to rest. I am quite thankful for having a dishwasher. I have had plenty of help from my brother-in-law with the yard work. Still, I have great difficulty accepting these physical limitations.
Another example, the other day my family and I attended a party and the boys were playing football. My son threw me the football and I threw it back to him. We did this for roughly ten minutes, or, at least until they decided to go to the pond and fish. My point is, I had not thrown a football with him for several months. The joy I felt was overwhelming. Had I taken all those moments of playing ball with him since he was a child for granted? Those few moments were soul-inspiring. My soul felt " free ". I strongly recommend reading this article. Whether you have RA or some other chronic illness or not, this blog is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment