Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ola! TimmyD is back!

Greetings to all! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We in the Derby City are being drenched with storms and flash flooding. Ahhh, spring in the Ohio Valley.
Last night I played my first gig in 3 years. I had a blast. Some friends were in a pinch and asked if I could oblige. I gladly answered their call. This was an acoustic event. On the musical menu for the evening was a bit of classic rock, some Americana and a sampling of folk. Originals by this band, as well as, covers were
being served.
To the guys of Tarnation, I say thank you, thank you, thank you. The staff of the venue were wonderful and went out of their way for us. The audience was absolutely fabulous. Quite a number were in attendance. We
had so much fun. After the show, we all agreed it felt like a Black Crowes-type jam session.
I saw a few "old friends" and all of them saw how I must be feeling better. Seeing their smiling faces made me feel better.
I must add here, music has also helped me heal, no doubt.
I am actually working with the guitarist of this band, writing original material. Our music is much heavier and melodic.
By the way, quite surprisingly, I wasn't hurting when I woke up this morning! Yea!! Have a great week
and keep in touch. I will be writing more. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment