Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happenings...

Greetings bloggers. I hope everyone has been enjoying the summer so far. Life has been really hectic around the Osburn homestead. Regular trips to the water park, family trips hither and yon and yard work. My grandmother has been in and out of the hospital recently. She has end stage colon cancer which has spread into her liver, lungs and kidneys. Her care is now merely comfort care.
I know this is life coming full circle and my grandmother has told me she is ready, but this is never easy. I seem to be responding well (thus far) with my monthly Remicade infusions and weekly methotrexate. I have now been off of prednisone for nearly 2 months. I still have the occasional RA flare. When my flares come on I am usually down for a day. My family has become fully aware of their onset because I'm usually lying around all day. My wife and son are great about letting me have my space and offer assistance when I need it.
I'm learning everyday how best to live with my RA. I have accepted the fact I am living with a chronic illness. RA will be with me for the duration. I have never been one to give up. No matter the diagnoses, chronic illness is life-changing. I am walking a long, hard road but I know I am not walking this road alone. I wish all of you peace and many blessings. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment